Friday, April 24, 2009

Cross Country Kids

So I decided that I would volunteer as a parent coach for the Cross Country Kids group at my children's school. I figure it would be a great way for me to do some running in support of my training for Chicago. Yesterday was the first day. Remember the episode of Friends where Phoebe asks Rachel to go running with her? And then Rachel is embarassed because Phoebe goes full out and runs like a crazy person? That was yesterday. Those kids were flying around the course - arms and legs flying. They didn't give a hoot about form, breathing techniques, twisting their ankle running down the hill. They just ran. It was magical.

Adults take all of the fun out of some of the most simple things. We rarely dive in and play all out like kids do. It's a shame. Yesterday was pure joy.

I am already looking forward to the next session. The kids remind me to just run - and do it for fun.

Peace.
Tee

No comments: