Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chicago or Bust - Looks LIke Bust

So, I had to finally make a very tough decision. I am not in race shape for the Chicago Marathon. It sucks. No other way to say it. This summer has been plagued by small injury after small injury and everytime I would try to catch up on mileage, I couldn't do it. I am super bummed.

However, since one of the tennents of my Abundnant Healthy Living group is to choose the Bright Train, I am going to look at the positive side to all of this.

I can allow my feet to heal over the next month or two and get back on a training schedule for a late spring early summer marathon. I think this experience has taught me that I need a longer training window than I did ten years ago when I ran my first marathon. Face it, 42 is a different than 32. Training for Chicago has brought my weight down, lifted my spirits and brought running back into my life. All amazing things.

So, while Chicago in 2009 is a bust. A spring run in 2010 is definitely on the agenda. And I'll be healthier and faster for that race because I took care of myself now.

Peace.

No comments: