Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The No TV/Video Games Adventure Continues

Today, my son was home sick from school.   I stayed home with him and before my husband left this morning he said "Are you going to let him watch TV?"  My answer was "No."  My husband said I was brave.  Because what does a person normally do when they are home sick?  Curl up on the sofa and channel surf.  We made it through the whole day with no TV and no video games.  Connor asked me a couple of times to make an exception but I stuck to my guns.  I knew if I made this exception, making more would be easy.

Instead of TV he spent the day resting, on modifying his Nerf guns, and drawing.

So on day three of the no TV and video games during the week adventure, I actually really like the lack of background noise and the whole house feels calmer. 

We can tune back in from 7:00pm Friday until 9:30pm on Sunday.  My hope is that as we get used to life without the TV and XBox, they won't play such a central role in what we do each day.

No comments: