Monday, June 15, 2009

He Gets Me

I haven't written in awhile. I always feel like I have a lot to say and then when I sit down to get it out - nothing.

Today, I write about gratitude. I try to walk through each day aware that all I have and that everything around me is indeed a blessing -although at times the blessing may be in disguise. Today I am feeling gratitude a bit more. How do you acknowledge a gift so extraordinary that words fail?

My gift is that I have a husband who gets me. All he has ever wanted is my happiness. I am sure that seems like something most spouses want for each other. But over the last 16 years, mine has spent an inordinant amount of time listening to me and really trying to understand my needs and wants. He has come through with material things from cute shoes to little blue boxes but more importantly he has supported the less materialistic needs - understanding when I just need to be quiet, the weekends away to allow my thoughts to become clear, the long talks where I spell it out and he gets it. How amazing is that?

And when I think I might be bringing up something that is too "out there", I am surprised that it is not. Although maybe I shouldn't be. He gets it. He gets me. And I get what I want and what I need. Clearly - a blessing.

I would never take this amazing gift for granted. So my love goes out to my husband - thanks for understanding and for loving me.

Peace.

No comments: