Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Headed to the Lake

Today is my last day at work before heading off to Deep Creek Lake for a couple of days. Every year our wonderful friends the Curtis Family invite us to spend a few days with them at their family home on the lake. This will be our fourth year and we are grateful every year tobe included. Our kids are crazy about the lake and look forward to the annual visit. They are anxious to see Clay, Connor, and Addie and catch up.

Not only are we invited but four other families are as well. We all get to relax in an amazing and comfortable lake house in an environment of controlled chaos. There are 14+ kids running around - swimming, tubing, having light sabre fights, playing video games - while the adults are content to sit, chat, play bocce, and fuel our relaxtion with cold beverages.

I love going because I get to see one one my best gals - Kelly. Since her move to Jax, we see each other twice a year (more if we are lucky). In addition my other best gals are there as well. It's really soul nourishing to be able to spend some down time with them.

I love DC. It is my home without a doubt. But, I value this annual escape to the mountains for a little break from the day-to-day. A little sit. A boat ride. A jump in the lake. A little nap. A few glasses of wine. S'mores. Perfection.

DCL - here we come.

Peace.

No comments: