Thursday, July 16, 2009

Training Update

After a two week break to recover from some health stuff, I am back to training for Chicago. It is amazing to me to see that my body has forgotten all of the training progress I had made. It feels like I am starting over from scratch. Not good when the long run this weekend is 8 miles.

I really like the way I feel when I am training. I feel strong, and fit, and have more confidence. I don't want to lose this momentum. Even after I complete the marathon in October, I would like to continue to run about 15-20 miles a week and participate in the odd 5 or 10K.

But, as we all know, I am not as young as I was when I ran my first marathon 10 years ago. Training is hard. I have some back issues and my left IT band is a mess. My biggest fear is that I'll put in the miles and then the body will give out before I have a chance to run Chicago.

So, I'll be out putting in the miles and trying to catch up in my program and hopefully my body will cooperate. Chicago or Bust!

Peace.

No comments: