Monday, September 8, 2008

Designed to Sell Day Three

So, the work on our kitchen has begun. The Designed to Sell crew is here and they couldn't be nicer group of people. We are actually their last episode and then the show goes dark. Our brush with reality TV is really a blessing for us. Our desire to sell our house has been dampened by the fact that our kitchen was a disaster and the market is soft. Being chosen by Designed to Sell has truly been a blessing. We were not sure we would be able to afford to fix our kitchen so that we could put our house on the market - now we will be able to in the Spring when the market rebounds (fingers crossed).

The kitchen, breakfast room and master bedroom all look amazing even though they are still coming together. It makes me sad to think that we lived in the squalor that was our kitchen for five years. It's hard though to find the time, money, energy to do those type of large repairs.

It has been nice to be around a TV crew again. I am not sad I left the business but it is a nice flashback moment for me. Being in front of the camera has been fun. I spent so many years behind the camera that it was cool to get this chance.

It's weird how the universe responds to the things you need. I spent a lot of time and energy obsessing over all the things we need to do to get our house ready to sell - and here we are. The blessing of Designed to Sell has taken a huge burden off of us. We are so much closer to having our place ready to sell. For that I am truly grateful. Peace

1 comment:

kristielu said...

I hope you are taking pictures of the progress. I can't wait to see what they have done.