Friday, September 5, 2008

Kickin off the Weekend

Friday night and I am curled up in bed with a laptop. What!? Seriously, everyone has those little things in their lives that they look forward. Mine is the end of the work week and my Friday night curl up. My husband has a slate of sci fi shows he watches, the kids go to bed and I get to curl up with my thoughts, a good book, or even a laptop. I remember in college when I started my weekends with a Thursday Happy Hour (at Santa Fe Cafe), slept in on Fridays (I tried hard to never have classes on Fridays), went to Happy Hour again, then went home for a quick power nap and was out again around 10:00. Even better were the weeknights when I'd study and then meet my friends for last call. Jesus, how I ever got out of college with my liver much less my degree, I will never know. It's all good though. I am a married, 41 year old mother of two. Those old school Friday nights would kill me now. This new start to the weekend works for me. Peace.

No comments: