Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gotta Love My Terps

I am a die hard University of Maryland sports fan. I love my TERPS and one of my favorite things to do in the Fall is go to football games. It is a family affair for us - we have eight seats between Larry and me and my parents. It's been a good way for us to spend some quality time with my folks. Although, the past two years I have not been able to attend as many games as I would have liked. I made a vow that next year, I am saying NO to any social invitation that will disrupt my tailgating and game watching.

It was a thrill for the Terps to win against Clemson yesterday. Death Valley is a hard place to win but the Terps did it yesterday. After two less than stellar seasons, I feel good about the Terps this year. The heart of the team and the desire to gut it out is evident. I hope Fridge can keep them motivated and take them all the way. I'd like to see a 10 win season. I'd like to see a bowl game in someplace warm.

My heart belongs to the Terps for a lot of reasons. The person I am today was formed largely during my time there. I developed my political and social beliefs there. I met people from all walks of life who broadened my world view. Perhaps most importantly, I met my husband.

So, go Terps! Play with heart. Make it a winning season. I'm rooting for you. Peace.

No comments: